Thursday, July 14, 2011

A little of everything

I guess I've been a bad blogger lately, and I'm sorry. I liked your last post though! Makes me jealous that Mom and Dad can come to see you so easily. And Rudy and Sadie. I can imagine little kids loved seeing them. They probably acted like I do every time I see a small dog here.

It's been a pretty calm couple of weeks here, but in an attempt to be a better blogger I've been taking pictures of things along the way. So here are some more picture updates...


A little while back Anders, Jenny, and Ludvig moved from Stockholm to Malmo, which has definitely been a little sad since it was fun having them close. We visited them their last day in Stockholm while they were packing up and I got to hold Ludvig while he slept. I wish you all could have met him when you were here!







A few weeks ago they celebrated midsummer here, which is kind of like a giant outdoor party. Everyone goes out and has a picnic then they raise this green leaf covered pole they all dance around. I'm not making it up. It was fun to see though.



The pole...just trust me, there are people dancing around it.



Overall it's been a really pretty summer so far! Sometimes a little cool for me, but I'm pretty sure Dad would be in heaven. We've been enjoying it by taking some nice walks around the city. We saw this really pretty lookout point on an especially pretty day.









And we've been making "summery" foods:)
Annnd, this was dinner the other night...and artichoke heart. I'm getting more adventurous.


This last weekend we went to this beautiful island in the archipelago named Sandhamn. It's a little over 2 hour boat ride to get there, but the ride itself was part of the fun since it was so pretty.



Camilla and Michel came along too!

An old fortress we saw on the way there

Getting into Sandhamn

The water was so cold I didn't dare to get in. Bjorn, Michel, and Camilla were braver than me...

But they got out pretty quickly:)


We ate dinner at at a restaurant near the dock, and the view was beautiful. So I thought you should see.


On our way home. Not a bad day:)

I've started babysitting a little girl here named Naomi. She's 17 months old, and she has an Australian mom and American dad. She's a really, really sweet baby. This is from a few days ago when she was picking flowers.


I thought I would leave you with a few entertaining pictures of my hubby. This is how I found him cooking the other day...

And this I took as proof. I'm the one who's known for loving sweets and I think there's an idea that he might not be as interested in them as me. Well, that would be wrong. He's squinting because he knows he's caught...:)

Ha... I might be in trouble for posting those....

That was maybe picture overload again, but it gives you an idea of things here. I miss y'all though and I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving. I'm definitely going to have to find a way to go to Birmingham to see your house.

Give me an update soon!

Love you,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment