Tuesday, May 3, 2011

15 days.

Your house looks like it's coming along pretty well...excluding the little Chinese drywall issue:) But seriously, it looks good from the pictures, and it was nice of Sam's family to help out. Definitely send me more pics as you get it all set up!

So...after a nice long Easter weekend full of sun and warmth we're back in Stockholm and guess what? I woke up this morning to the very unwelcome sight of snowfall outside. It's May 3rd. I mean, enough is enough, and for me the cold was too much back in February. It better warm up here, and fast, or I might never recover from the shock of this winter.

Sorry, but I have to vent a little. But I got a sunburn during Easter and it's snowing today. It's a little confusing.

Anyway... Easter, or "Påsk" in Swedish, was pretty perfect in Malmö and Kivik. In addition to the time we spent lying or sitting in the sun, it was also the weekend of babies. Or just friends kids in general. Here's how it started...

We met with Jacob and Malin, and met Viggo(3) and Vera(1)


Viggo asleep




Malin and Vera



And Bjorn helped Jacob put together a new trampoline.

Viggo and Jacob



The next day we went to see Martin, Nadja, Liam(4), and Emil(almost 1). Martin is Swedish and Nadja is German, and I met them for the first time in 2008 when we visited them in Germany for a few days. Then Liam was about 1 year old. Now he's a Swedish and German speaking 4 year old, which is pretty impressive.

Nadja and Emil



Martin, Ola, Bjorn



Liam is already taking steps toward becoming trilingual by letting Oya and I teach him the names of colors in English. I also took the opportunity to teach him one other very important thing...



WAR EAGLE :)



Next we met with Peter and Oskar. Oskar is a nearly 30 lb 10 month old, and seriously cute.



And one where he's smiling...



To wrap it all up, we finally met 9 day old Ludvig, or "Ludde". Compared to Oskar, he looked impossibly small, but he was so sweet.






You'll get to meet all the parents at the wedding party...minus the kids though:)

Speaking of the wedding party, I did manage to take some pictures in Kivik...




Here's a view from the place where we'll have the wedding party



Bjorn and I at the area we'll have the Friday night BBQ




Nice view from the BBQ spot too



And just to give you an idea, here's one of the outside of the house where you'll stay in Kivik


We also took a nice walk along the water in Malmö and there is a famous building near where his mom lives called "The Turning Torso", since it literally looks like a body that is turning. Since you like design related things, I thought I would take a few pictures for you.





From Malmö's shore you can also see the Øresund Bridge, which connects Sweden and Denmark. Might be hard to see in this picture, but I promise it's there in the distance...



It's really hard to believe that in not so long you'll be at these places! 15 days until I see yall, Whit. It's crazy.

Can't wait:)

Love you,
Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment