Tuesday, April 12, 2011

what a day....

Allliiiiiieeee......geeze i wish you were here right now so that I could vent my frustration over the day. So just for the sake of it, pretend you are. It's not that the day hasn't been absolutely beautiful, it's that the general moving-into-a-new-house-pains are starting to drive me crazy, there are still boxes to unpack and a whole room of stuff to got through....not to mention the fact that are kitchen sink has been stopped up for the last 3 days. You never really realize how much you take a simple kitchen sink for granted until you literally can't turn the water on because it's not going to drain. Fortunately, we have a very kind plumber who generously gave it some attention this morning at no charge:) Praise the Lord.

Then on top of that, I got my first traffic violation this afternoon right after I unintentionally ran a red light. The cop definitely pulled me and another guy over at the same time....how do you even do that? Imagine a cowboy herding cattle...and you kind of get the picture. Fortunately there wasn't a lot of other cars on the road while he was doing this. I was so mad Al, not that I didn't deserve the ticket, because I definitely ran the light (although if I had stopped I would've ended up in the middle of the intersection), it was that this cop has forever ruined my perfect driving record of no tickets up to today.....it makes my blood boil. I left the cop in tears (after I very rudely snatched the ticket of his hand). But I guess I have been reminded that I should pay more attention to what I'm doing while driving and not make a habit of running lights.

The even more frustrating part of this whole equation is that I just got a parking ticket for parking (get this) in front of my office driveway! ha! Who would have thought that after 4 months of me parking in relatively the same spot, that it is actually a parking offense because I'm "technically" on a city street in an un-metered parking spot. I even called the parking ticket man and tried to convince him that this was a dumb ticket to site, but it was to no avail. I paid the ticket this afternoon, but with two sticky notes attached reminding them of how they are wasting tax dollars, and paper by giving these dumb tickets. (Can you tell I've had one of those days again?)

Anyway....this is all capped off by our little friends at the Internal Revenue Service, who supposedly say that we owe about $2,000 this year on our taxes, with no return in sight! Lovely. I know I sound like Negative Nancy over here and I completely trust that the Lord will get us through this, but I do wonder how at times.

On a brighter side: I'm leaving to go to Dothan tomorrow after work to go with Mom, Dad, and Logan to see the Roquands in Jacksonville....after a day like today....it couldn't be at a better time. The goal is to finish planning the second half of the trip next month since we should have already done that a few months ago:)
Rooftop playground

Bare with my randomness for a minute...the other day I was photographing a project we did called "Dog days of Birmingham" where they have the Dog Day Care and one of the workers there had just adopted this cute little girl....her name is Allie.
Needless to say it made me think of you, not that there is any resemblance and you definitely don't chew on my shoes, but it was nice to hear your name (even though her's was short for "Alligator"). But she was just the cutest little thing....
Speaking of dogs, I think you have a brilliant idea of becoming the first "yorkie-poo" breeders in Stockholm. I seriously think it would be a cool thing to do....although, would the apartment situation be ok? I guess you don't really need a yard for those dogs because they are so small. I would love to help you in any way possible though, but just don't ask me to make you a website. I'm pretty terrible at html stuff. Let me know how that goes over with the hubs though;) If you need me to help convince him, I'll do my best.

One last hilarious story and I have to go to meet Sam and his dad, Mark for dinner. This past Sunday I kept the nursery for the 9 a.m. service, in the little baby room, which is my favorite. I was late getting there, (because I got lost on the way to church, and ended up in a "race day" traffic outside of birmingham). So by the time I actually got to the room, we already had 11 babies under the age of 7 months. Awesome. I jumped right in, and after a while noticed that one little guy name Jake hadn't been taken out of his car seat yet, so I picked him up and immediately realized he'd peed through his diaper onto his pants. So I lay him down to change him, and out of nowhere I see this fountain of pee! I freak out, because up to this point, that hasn't happened to me, so I'm frozen stiff, don't think to cover him up and it happens again. One of the girls says "Cover him up! Quick!" and then Jake starts screaming, and it just turns into an crazy funny situation, and I basically have to give him a bath on the changing table. I get a new outfit on him, and pick up him and take him to the floor to sit in my lap, and not 2 seconds later, the little guy projectile vomits on his new onesie and my lap. wonderful. Bath number two. I ended up leaving him in the messy outfit incase it happened again...it was either that or no clothes and I thought clothes would be appropriate for this setting.

Well! Hope you're still here. Thanks for listening to my day:) Look forward to face to face conversations soon....I really want to start a count down!

Love you!

Whitty

No comments:

Post a Comment