Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy anniversary to us :)



I can't believe that we've already been married a year! At the same time I can't believe it's only been a year. Sometimes the wedding in Birmingham seems like a few months ago, but then it feels like I've lived in Sweden a lot longer than that. It's been kind of a crazy year for me, but I couldn't be happier I married my Swedish man:)

There have been so many things that have been so great this year, but one thing I have had a problem with since day 1 was our bed. For two people to sleep on a bed that's somewhere between a Twin and Full size has got to count as a test of the relationship. It also didn't have a bed frame, just legs, so it made a U-shape in the middle from lack of support. Needless to say, it had to go.

So guess what? Just in time for our anniversary we got a new bed! We don't have a car so we had planned to order it online from IKEA, but saw the estimated delivery date was mid-October. I suspect Bjorn didn't think he could deal with my grunting, tossing and turning, and general grumpiness about it until then, so we rented a van and made a trip to IKEA on Friday.


Bjorn with the beds and our memory-foam topper. You know how I've missed my memory-foam:)

We also got a bookshelf and some curtains, I'll have some pictures of those later

All of the stuff waiting to be loaded into our van.

We didn't want to get a van that was too small for our stuff. Better safe than sorry, right?:)

Finally all loaded in to bring to the apartment...

...then picked up the old bed to take it to the trash. Goodbye, old bed. You will not be missed.

Our new bed frame has 4 big drawers underneath for storage. It was not easy to put together.

After nearly a year of waiting, and many, many hours of work, our new bed is done! Sorry the picture is a bit dark, it was about 1:30 in the morning...

It's pretty awesome sleeping on a bed that's actually meant for two people. And one that isn't slanted. I guess it's bad that Bjorn's comment the next day after sleeping on it was that it felt so "level" Haha...I wish you were here to help me figure out how to decorate the bookshelf. This is so not my thing.

We went to dinner last night to celebrate at a restaurant called "Mississippi Inn". It had southern inspired food and was really good!


Waiting on his baby back ribs...

Delicious apple cobbler...
And strawberry milkshake:)

It was a great anniversary dinner and such a good weekend! Overall, our first anniversary was a great success:) Glad I got to talk to you yesterday too! Miss you and love you.

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment