Thursday, September 1, 2011

Max and a Baby Shower

Hey Allie! Loved the anniversary post....it was great! I'm so glad you guys have enjoyed the first year..and even made it through the toddler sized bed you had to sleep on. Look at it this way...you'll appreciate your new adult-sized bed even more:)

As for us over here...I'm officially tired of traveling on the weekends and am looking forward to a long weekend at home, and finally being able to catch up on some things, like church (i missed the entire month of August), and the pile of laundry sitting in my room.

In the meantime, we've enjoyed keeping this guy:


Max become my shadow at home and a great companion at work on the days I've taken him, even though we can check "Scary Guard Dog" off the list. If he moves when someone walks in the office, all they get is a sniff... and then he walks away to sleep some where else.


He's going back home this weekend and I will definitely miss him...and the funny things he does, like this. I still don't know how he found this comfortable:


This past Sunday several of the girls in my Bible Study group threw Kalli a baby shower over at my house. Even though I was a little stressed about having things ready on time...thanks to my sweet husband, we had everything ready to go and I think Kalli enjoyed being "showered" with gifts:) Here's some pictures from the day....Kalli is about to pop!


yummm....


Instead of doing little notes/or prayer cards for the her and the baby, I took an idea from something I saw at Eric's wedding. We had everyone sign the leaves on the tree and write an encouraging Bible verse. And if she wants, she can hang it on her wall afterward:)








You probably can't read this, but the onesie she is holding up says: "Does this diaper make my butt look big?" haha.


All of us at the shower

I'm glad I was able to host a shower for Kalli, and look forward to meeting the little one floating in her tummy. I couldn't help but also look forward to having a shower of my own one day too:) You know me.


Hope you guys have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment