Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in pictures

{WARNING: way too many pictures here, but I'll just go with it.} 

Friends, we had a great Thanksgiving this year at the Gilchrist house. I had many reasons to be thankful, but I'd like to share the 5 most important ones.

1. Our sweet 89 year old grandmother, "Mama", who has been in and out of the hospital over the last year, was able to "check out" of the hospital and come to our house to eat with all of us. I cannot tell you how big of blessing this was to all us. I truly believe it was the Lord giving her extra grace and time with us. Her sweet smile always bring joy to my heart. She is such a wonderful, strong lady. Which brings me to number...

2. Our sweet cousin, Nicole, was also able to fly down to see us for an early Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday night, with Mama. We have so enjoyed getting to know our cousin again, and feel like she could be the our 4th sister:) I mean, she looks just like us:)




The Gilchrist Clan, with Allie and Bjorn, Mama, Vivian, Jerry
 3. I'm also super exited that my twin sister (and her hubby) have been visiting the states for the last week. Allie...it's so fun to have you here. I miss you terribly when you're gone. I wish I could skip work this week and come stay with you in Dothan:)

4. Sweet Parents: This year both of us married couples will be at our spouse's home for Christmas, so Mom and Dad thought it would be nice to do a little not so  spontaneous gift-giving. I'm so thankful for parents like them....super generous and thoughtful. Love you both:)




excited about her boots.

super excited about my saddleback leather purse.
 5. Last but not least: my siblings and husbands. Yes, the siblings (and husband) can drive me crazy, but they (he) are pretty cool at times. (Sam is awesome all the time:) I've especially enjoyed seeing Logan grow about 4 feet over the last 2 years. Seriously, 6'4" at 16? He was also quite the comic relief during our most recent "family photo op" as you can tell.

 

Bjorn, Austin, Sam, and Logan

Bjorn, Allie, Me, and Sam

Sam and Whit

Bjorn and Allie

Mary Jo, Bjorn, Allie, and Dad
 I've also really enjoyed seeing this guy go off to college and become a grownup. I finally feel like I have "older" brothers now. Now if we can just get this kid to study a little bit in college. haha. Just kidding, that's about all he does. However, he has managed to do well and have a social life. Keep up the hard work Austin:)
Allie, Austin, Whit

Logan, Lindsey, Allie, Austin, Whit


Logan, Mom, Lindsey, Allie, Austin, Whit, Dad.
 Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Whitney


No comments:

Post a Comment