Thursday, November 24, 2011

"You'll have to do without the Sweet Potato Casserole"

That was the text message that we got from Krystle, my sweet friend training me at work, on Thursday morning a couple weeks ago. I knew this meant two things: She had had her sweet baby girl, and she wouldn't be making the office Thanksgiving party this year. In fact, the day before had quickly become her last day of work, and I was "officially" taking her spot, ready or not.

I have a had a little over a week and half to get transitioned into my new desk, and my new role, answering questions that I had to ask Krystle about before and although exhausting at times, I am loving it. I expected this job to be challenging, and it has proved to be in so many ways. But thankfully, Krsytle did a great job training me literally up to the last minute she was there.

Our friends from Small group, and the guys at the office, couldn't be happier for Krystle and her husband Michael-Luke. They welcomed a beautiful baby girl, Noah.



June Vahrenkamp meeting her new friend.
Krystle and Noah
Me and Baby Noah
Danny, one of the talented Architects who sat by Krystle at work for 5 years, and now keeps me sane, came up to the hospital with me after work that Friday to see this sweet little girl.






June, 2.5 months. Noah, 2 days 
Congrats to Krysle and Michael-Luke. I thank the Lord for the blessings He's given you this year!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment