Friday, December 23, 2011

3 years means a lot of food.

Al....I can't believe Sam and I have been married for 3 years. Time is really flying by, but this year has been a really great one. Not to say that it hasn't had its difficulties, but everyday I'm so thankful the Lord has given much such a loving husband. That life-changing day when he completely surprised me with an engagement ring....it's still fresh on my mind. (i'm still surprised that no one called the police, because I was screaming at the top of my lungs, hyperventilating.)

The night we got engaged back in 2008.
You know you and Bjorn took this picture at Pita -Pit the night we got engaged. Looking back , I'm so glad you guys were there to celebrate with us (even though it took you so long to notice my ring, that I had to tell you.)


This year, we kept it simple (like last year) and had a great dinner at a new restaurant in Birmingham called ORE. It's a restaurant opened by Taylor Hicks, the 2006 American Idol winner.  I loved the interior. A good mixture of modern and rustic. Hopefully we'll have a chance to go back again, because I wasn't as hungry as I wished I had been. Here's why:



Oh. yes....My sweet boss took our office to Ruth's Chris for our Christmas Lunch last Friday. It was fabulous. So between the sizzling steak I had for my entree and the gigantic chocolate mouse cake (pictured below) I had for dessert, and all the other sides in between....Let's just say our anniversary dinner fell on the wrong night. But oh well. It was still a lot of fun. 




Jeff, Me, Danny (aka, the guy who answers all my questions. He is awesome.)
As if the lunch wasn't enough of a gift for all us, at the end of the meal, Andy, my boss, stands up and says a few kind words about our hard work, and then pulls out some pretty boxes. I was a little confused, and then out of nowhere I hear the word "iPad2." I may or may not have squealed like a 3 year old seeing Santa Claus for the first time at the mall. (I was actually a little embarrassed of myself, but I am rarely ever surprised by things, and had no idea we were getting an iPad.)


After our initial shock, we were all really excited to have a new little toy.  I was later told by my boss' wife that just seeing my expression was worth getting these ipads for everyone:) awesome. 

my boss Andy, and his wife Linda


So....our anniversary was slammed packed full of great food and great people. Al, I'm so glad you and your painting made it back safely in one piece:)  We miss you guys already and hope you have a great Christmas with Bjorn's family in Gothenburg. Looking forward to some pictures of snowy weather, because you know it's like 65-70 degrees here.


 


love you,

Whit

1 comment: