Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Veselé Vánoce

My first Christmas in Sweden was spent in Gothenburg and was fun and relaxing. We went to visit Bjorn's mom Margaretha, her Bjorn, and Tove. Margaretha's Bjorn has two daughter's and two granddaughters, Beata and Hillavye, who were all there with us. It was nice to have kids around during Christmas, they make everything more interesting because they stay so excited about every part of the holiday.

In Sweden they open presents on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas day, so we needed a Santa Claus stand-in for the little girls. My husband got that privilege:)


 It was a little improvised so he didn't have the red suit, but he had a big red sack to make it more authentic. He pulled out presents from the sack and handed them out to us- and the little girls didn't doubt for a minute that he was the real thing.


Margaretha and her Bjorn made a feast for all of us on Christmas Eve, and I loved getting to spend time with them and Tove. 






The day after Christmas is Bjorn's birthday...his 33rd birthday, to be exact. He's quite an old man these days:)




Overall, I had a great Christmas in Gothenburg, even if my American family was very missed. I might have forgotten one thing though... Bjorn got me a Christmas present that was in a little metal box. When I opened it there was a slip of paper that said, "Check your email." So I checked it on my phone and saw that he had ordered us tickets to see Coldplay....in PRAGUE!

Needless to say, I was freaking out a little bit. I love Prague, and have wanted to go there with Bjorn, so it's hard to believe it's actually going to happen. It's a little while away, not until next September, but I can't wait.

So that would explain the title of the post- "Veselé Vánoce" means Merry Christmas...in Czech:)

Hope your week has been good, Whiggle! Miss you.
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment