Friday, September 16, 2011

welcome baby june


Last week our small group welcomed the 2nd new member to our little group: June Melody Vahrenkamp. She is a healthy 7 lb baby girl. We are excited for our friends Jeff and Kalli to finally have their little girl here. I'm personally excited to know they have a girl, since they didn't find out their entire pregnancy. Calling a baby "it" because you don't yet know it's gender does sound a little strange at times.



Kalli had to have a C-section at the last minute because baby June decided to flip from head-first to feet-first over night. I was told that Kalli took the news well, even though they didn't prepare at all for a c-section. I'm sure I would have needed a second to take it all in too.

As soon as we figured out she was in labor, I told Sam and I wanted to get up to the hospital that minute I was so excited, but since it was already 9:30 in the evening, we had to wait until Friday afternoon...but I heard Kalli was a little out of it after the C-section, so it was probably a good thing that we didn't all barge right in after she delivered! haha.

Here are some pictures of her up close:



a very cold daddy Jeff with warm baby June.

I've been able to visit them a few times and love finally getting to hold her. It's so incredible to think she's been in Kalli's tummy since we found out in March....I love the miracle of new life.


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment