Sunday, February 27, 2011

frozen lakes and fika

I'm glad you got the RSVP! And I can't wait until yall get here. It seems a little surreal to me too. I've thought a lot about things to do and things I want to show you, but it's just hard to imagine you all actually being here. I've also tried to imagine walking around with so many people at one time. Someone suggested I carry around a sign like the leader of a Chinese tour group. It's an idea.




As for my homework I did go to one of my favorite places in Stockholm this weekend. It's called Norr Mälarstrand and leads to Stadshuset(City Hall) and it's a beautiful walk along the water with a great view. Right now, however, the water along the walking path has frozen almost entirely...to the point where this weekend there were more people walking on the frozen ice than on the path. I wasn't even a little bit comfortable with the idea of walking out onto frozen water, but after a lot of coaxing Björn got me out there. So that's a picture of me and Miles on the frozen lake...


After that we met Anders, Jenny, and Michel for something called "fika". It's a very Swedish word they use to describes taking an afternoon coffee break with friends. This one was a little different though, because Jenny informed Anders that after their baby is born he's going to have to make up for the 9 months she couldn't drink by being her designated driver. So he's taking advantage of the time he has left, and arranged and "ölfika"= beer instead of coffee break. I have to say I like this new idea for fika. It was a good afternon:)




This time I'll leave you with a picture of the tuilps Björn got me for Valentine's Day...pretty, huh? Your cinnamon roll picture made me wish I could eat them as soon as I saw it. I'm pretty sure you should send me mom's recipe. Hope you had a good weekend Whitty...

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment