Sunday, February 27, 2011

railroad park and parker



Hey Al! I must say that you are very quickly getting the hang of this 'ol blog thing. Great post by the way....I was a little nervous seeing you on a frozen lake, but it didn't look like you were going to break any ice, so I guess it's ok. (miles looked super cute in his sweater, too.) I don't know if I would be as brave though! I'm starting to wonder if the weather will shape up for our visit in May though...I have a feeling that it might be a little colder than I'm hoping. We'll see though. As for the "Fika" thing you guys do...that's pretty cool and funny that Anders decided to change it! I hope they are doing well. Jenny is probably getting huge by now! I can't remember what she's having, but do tell them that if they have that baby before I get there...I will baby sit free of charge:)


Anyway...I did my own homework for you. If you guys do get to come to B'ham in the fall, then I definitely want to take you to this place...it's one of my favorite parks in Birmingham. It's called Railroad Park, not that original, but well-suited because it's right next to the down town railroad station. It spans about 4 blocks, and is an explosion of green space in the middle of a concrete jungle. I love it...especially in the afternoon when the sun is setting and the weather is nice like it was this weekend. About 70 degrees, no clouds in the sky. (I'm sorry, I know I'm talking about warm weather again, but no swimsuits were involved this time.) Anyway...it was a great reprise to the otherwise busy Saturday.

Here's a couple pictures of the buildings surrounding the park:

A couple of me and sam.

right as the sun was going down.....

And I have to show you this picture of my other favorite "thing" right now. It's Parker Brown. He's about 14 months old now and Jon and Melissa say he's walking all over the place. We skyped them last weekend so we could see him in action since we missed it during Christmas and it was crazy....I miss him so much and hope to see him soon!

On the home front...the inspection went 95% ok. There turns out to be a small portion of the laundry room addition in the basement that has Chinese drywall in it. (google chinese drywall and you will understand why this is a problem.) We will have to get that removed asap when we close. But other than a few aesthetical issues that we'll have to repair over time, everything else looked good considering that's the house is over 50 years old. I'm super motivated to get rid of the not-so-cute blue backspash in the kitchen. more on that later!
love you!
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment