Wednesday, March 16, 2011

birthday #25: take 2

Hey Al....well, I hate that I didn't get to see your face on skype yesterday, but I did enjoy the birthday updates, and thought I'd give you a recap of what happened here.

I had a great day at work, and the guys even took me out to lunch. Michael's sweet wife, Brook, and their 10 month old daughter, Iris, met us for an even more entertaining dining experience.

After work, Sam took me out to a nice new restaurant in town called Zea Rotisserie Grill. It was perfect for the occasion. Great food, good lighting, and overall wonderful service.

Not to mention the fact that their ribs were AMAZING! Sam literally didn't speak the first ten minutes after he got his meal....and I just watched and laughed.
{Sorry for the bad iphone pictures, but Sam doesn't play along with the "bring-the-huge-camera-like-a-parent" thing very well, so I have to reserve it for less-public outings.}

After Zea, we went over to a great coffee house called O'Henry's in Brookwood village to meet some of the couples in our Bible Study group for coffee and cake. I was sweetly surprised to find a full table turn out, and I really enjoyed and appreciated every body coming over to make the day even more special.
Sam tried to get everyone to squeeze in....didn't really work very well.
This is not a great picture, but unfortunately it's the only one of the two of us together. ugh...i'm really wishing i'd brought the nice camera now.

Ok! There's your little snapshot of birthday #25 from over here in Alabama. Missed you like crazy! But I can't wait to see you in those funny shoes in May:)

xoxo,
whit

1 comment:

  1. Well I miss both of ya...

    One day (soon, I hope) I will be able to see you both again!!

    Love ya
    Ericoooo

    ReplyDelete