Monday, March 7, 2011

a birthday weekend in pictures

hey Al. Hope you're doing good this week. I thought I would give you a little snapshot of Austin's Birthday weekend. We successfully surprised him on Friday night as he, Dad, and Logan were about to drive out of the driveway to go play tennis. He was a little confused I think at first as to why we were there, but very excited to see us, and that made it worth the drive. {Bear with me...I took a few pictures.} I have to start with the dogs, especially your little princess. She's looking a little rough Al, real rough.

Sadie says hello, and she apologizes for making her blog debut looking like a complete ragamuffin. No...she does not spend her days dumpster diving...She just cannot help that her hair is once again falling out, and that her face is always dirty. She also says that her shaved leg from the i.v. she had the other day doesn't help her out at all. Other than looking really rough around the edges, she's still as cute as can be.
Rudy is still his usually energetic self who prefers to be no more than 2 feet away from his mama (mj.) or he goes crazy.
And sweet Max was always close by to offer the latest sock or bone he happened to have in his mouth, as he awkwardly tried to sit in our laps. Sweet Max.

I told the birthday boy to smile, but he wouldn't have it a first.
My husband has found a new distraction as of late. . . I can't quite seem to get him off this game.
Chess. for the iphone. He tried to teach me the other day and it was torture. You will not find me doing this in my spare time, Al.
Molded cheese is fine mom....just pick out the mold and the rest will taste great. haha.

Sweet Abbey was over to participate in the festivities. She is always fun to have around. Still don't know why she likes hanging out with Austin though.....haha.
Logan....wake up. It's dinner time.

Yes....I was actually at this dinner.
Things tend to quickly turn silly at the Gilchrist house.
Ouch Abbey.
I caught her writing a card to Austin.
Dad in his "office" pretending to be busy, so that he doesn't have to help mom with dinner. haha.
Austin finally decided to perk up for a few birthday pictures. He's pretty photogenic in my book.
ok....not that photogenic.
Seriously Logan....Wakeup.

We all had a great dinner. Mom's taco soup is easy to make and it tastes great every time.
Dad really enjoyed the taco soup. (no...actually we just all shoved our bowls over to his side to make it look like that:)

Abbey brought over Austin's favorite dessert....petite fortes. I still don't understand why they are called that, but whatever.) We got a little silly with those too....scrabble anyone?

We didn't forget the cake...even though it was a little frozen. Can you believe our little brother is 19 already. wow.
He's totally acting here. I didn't get a shot of him actually blowing his candles out. He faked me out.
It's safe to say we all liked the cake.
And I was pretty tired out after all that eating, and picture taking. No.. really, it wasn't that bad. We had a great night, and missed you and Lindsey for sure. I'm officially calling it a night. My eyes are about to shut on me. Love you! Enjoy the pictures!

Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment