Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weekend recap and a new hobby

Hey Al! It's was great to hear about your weekend, and the "dog saga"....I'm a little behind, but I thought I'd give you a recap of what I've been up to over here for the last week or so. It was really busy last week, and through the weekend, because we were preparing for a Home Builder's Expo about 20 minutes south of Birmingham. It's a big event where they have all sorts of vendors/suppliers in the home building industry to come and set up a booth and showcase their products and services. Then they open it up to the general public and you get to meet a whole lot of people at one time. Fortunately, I was able to take turns with some of my colleges, so I didn't have to stay at the Expo the entire weekend. Here's a picture of our booth:
And here's one with me a little Iris...who came to visit Thursday night for the Preview Show.

I would like to mention that those big pictures that you see in the background are pictures that I took using the great work camera, and the HDR program that Dad has been teaching me. I've somehow become the "go to" camera person at work, and I've been telling everybody how cool these HDR photos are, and we finally got the program the other day! So, I've been super busy taking pictures of our projects and getting some good practice at all this....although, I'm still such an amateur. (As in, I have to call dad and ask him "how to" questions all the time.) But, it is definitely a fun hobby to have right now. Here are a some other ones that turned out pretty good:
This was a house we built over a year ago from the ground up. It's a little more modern, but a really cool house.
We renovated this entire loft downtown last year, and it is by far one of our most interesting projects. The guys spent many an hour on their hands and knees getting this place looking the way it does. (i'll have to get you inside pictures at some point.)
This is an the inside of a creamery that we did several years ago before I joined the team, but it's one of our signature projects in downtown Homewood, AL.
This is a Master Bathroom from one of the houses we just finished building. I helped design this and pick out all the finishes and fixtures:)

This is was one of the first projects I got to participate in last year. We call it "Dog Daycare." It was an old furniture building that we turned into a Dog Day Care facility on the first floor and a 2 bedroom/2 bath loft for the owners of Dog Days on the 2nd Floor. It's an amazing space. One of my favorite parts is the Master bathroom, because we designed it around a 100 year old mural we discovered in the demolition process:


Ok enough pictures...but at least you have a better idea of what i'm doing over here;)

House update: We are closing tomorrow, Wednesday at 10 a.m.! We did a final walk-through last night to double check things, and it was so neat to see the house clean and empty, and move-in ready! I took some pictures and will post those soon so you can see what everything looks like inside!

This is random...but don't you want to hop on over to London with me to see the Royal Wedding?...I think there is a something on the news about them EVERYDAY and it's really making me want to get over there and see all the sights...I mean, what's a party without 2 million of your closest friends right next to you:) But seriously, let's go.

Love you....
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment