Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Ventures


Hey Allie...Hope you had a great weekend. Ours was pretty good. We laid low on Friday night after helping some of our friends move out of their house. They are moving to Memphis and we are definitely going to miss them. We didn't plan on being there almost all afternoon/evening on Friday, but it worked out good, and I'd much rather be helping our friends than laying on the couch. Plus we got free pizza for dinner:)


Jd is the one in middle we were helping move out. The other guys are from our old small group.
Jd's wife, Elizabeth, is the second from the left. They have two kids, Amos, a little African American boy they adopted last March, and then their little baby girl, Evie, they had in December. She was a surprise...they found out about her a week or two after they got Amos. They were doubly blessed.


Anywho.... Saturday I went over to Patti's and worked on the "Alabama room" again. This time I went to paint some of the walls crimson and it turned out pretty good.

Just to remind you of what it looked like before:
It's turning out really nice, but I still don't know how a devoted Auburn fan like myself gets herself a project like this...haha.


On the home front: Sam and I are itching to get in this house, so after I left Patti's we made a little visit over to the new house and I snapped some pictures with the good work camera since it was such a pretty day. I wanted you and the fam to be able to see it from all angles.

The front:

The side
The lovely parking curb, that you would find in a parking lot. ha
The side facing the street:
The back of the house:
The backyard and patio:
We even have pretty flowers blooming in the front walkway:

Other than being super sore this morning from painting all day yesterday, and a little tired from jumping forward an hour for daylighting savings, we managed to make it to church only a few minutes late for a really great service, and then enjoyed a relaxing (lazy) afternoon, before I had to be back for my Theology class tonight. So.... it was a busy but enjoyable Sunday....can't complain, 74 degrees all day. haha. sorry allie, I'll try to bring the warm weather with me when we come over.

Be looking for something in the mail. I stood in line at the post office again for about 40 minutes to get this one to you. All because I love you Al. haha.

Look forward to hearing about your weekend!

xo,
Whit




No comments:

Post a Comment